Termite Control/Treatment in Farm House
Termites are the most damaging pests which affect agriculture, forestry, and housing. Many of us are intimidated by the fact that termites infest our farm houses and damage it for good. Owing to its nature of colonized living, termites are very difficult to eradicate, though not impossible. But worry not, there are a number of ways in which we can eradicate termites and reduce its infection permanently.
You can take the help of a professional pest controller to wipe out the termites or indulge in home DIYs for the termite treatment in farm houses. Though we advise you to romp in a professional to tackle the pest issue, here in this article we nevertheless jolted down the home remedies for temporary relief by termite control in farm houses as well.
Home Remedies :-
- Exposure to sun: If the furniture or the things in your house get infected with termites, exposure of those infested things to the sun can mitigate the termite infection due to the Ultra violet rays present in the sun.
- Neem Oil: Neem oil is one of the best home remedies available to lessen the termite damage. Please note that neem oil can kill the termites only if the termites are in direct contact with the oil.
- Borax: Borax or Sodium Borate can kill the subterranean termites by shutting down its nervous system.
Please note that all these home remedies can bring temporary relief to the pest issue, but doesn’t provide a permanent solution. That is why it is always better to call in a professional pest controller to tackle the termite issue.
Professional Pest Control Methods We Adopt :-
- Soil treatment: Though termites infest the house, they return back to the soil to rest. In this treatment, a trench is dug around the foundation and the soil is treated with chemicals. This treatment kills the subterranean termites.
- Wood treatment: Furniture infested by the termites can be saved by treating them to specialized surface sprays, injected sprays and foams. The borate wood treatment method is used by professionals to treat the infested areas.
- Bait system: Bait system effectively eliminates termites, by installing bait stations around the house and monitors the stations on a set frequency to ensure that the home is protected by future and present infestations.
The above mentioned are few of the many ways in which, we can treat the termite infections effectively. Always call in a professional help for termite control in your farm house before it’s too late.